Vincent Lighting Systems is currently looking for a Shop Technician for our Solon, Ohio location (see below). If you or someone you know maybe interested in this position, please contact us at the address below.
VINCENT LIGHTING SYSTEMS
Solon, Ohio Location
SUMMARY: A full time position, responsible for assisting the Shop Manager with getting equipment where it is supposed to be, when it is supposed to be there. This is a hands on, detail oriented job where organizational skills are a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervision of in-shop crews and assisting with training of in shop procedures and rental equipment.
· Assist the shop crew with accurate pulling and thorough testing of all equipment before shipment.
· Help ensure accurate and timely shipping and receiving of all rental/production orders and sub-rental equipment, including occasionally doing the deliveries and pick-ups.
· Help maintain all rental shop equipment and work with the Production Technician and Shop Managers to facilitate the repair of damaged equipment.
· Assist the Rental Shop Manager in maintaining an accurate inventory of all rental shop equipment.
· Maintain lamp and shop perishables (paint, cleaning supplies, quick clips, tape, and fluids).
· Assist in training clients on rental equipment and setting up demonstrations.
· Work with the Rental Shop Management to maintain a neat, orderly and safe working environment in the shop.
· Occasionally assist in production work (load-in, run, strike).
· Help load and unload trucks.
· Assist other departments when necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A BA or BFA in theatre is preferred, but not required.
· All employees interact with clients, excellent customer service skills and professional appearance and demeanor are a must.
· Two years practical experience with theatrical lighting is required.
· Moving light repair, maintenance, and programming experience (VL, Hog, MA) preferred.
· Must have PC based computer skills (Microsoft Office).
· Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Basic electrical troubleshooting required.
· Basic rigging and carpentry skills are a plus.
· A valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
· Must possess, or be physically fit to obtain, a Medical Card per DOT requirements.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: Chris Shick, Vincent Lighting Systems, 6161 Cochran Rd, Suite D, Solon, Ohio, 44139 or email to email@example.com.
Vincent Lighting Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.