Goodyear Heights Metro Park opened in 1930 on land donated by Akron’s Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and land purchased from local resident Gilbert Waltz. During the Depression, Metro Parks acquired additional acres by paying delinquent taxes on surrounding properties. In the 1950s, the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company donated more land, bringing the current total to 410 acres.
Thousands of pines and tulip trees were planted in the park. During World War II, Victory Gardens were planted along
2077 Newton St., Akron, OH 44305
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Daily: 6:00 am – 11:00 pm