Request for Proposals: Art for Vinyl Wraps for Dow...
Posted: Jul 28, 2020
The Downtown Cuyahoga Falls Partnership, Inc. is seeking proposals from artists to provide visual artwork for vinyl wrapping of 9 Downtown Cuyahoga Falls Planters. The planters are 40” tapered cubes (40” at the top and 36” at the base, and 30” in height) and are located along Front Street in Cuyahoga Falls. 6 of the planters will be located South of Broad Boulevard and 3 of the planters will be located between Broad Boulevard and Portage Trail. The art may be panoramic around the planter or 4 separate images on each side of the planter. We are seeking work that appropriately reflects Cuyahoga Falls’ unique heritage and placement along the Cuyahoga River. Artists may submit up to 6 samples of their work; artists may be selected for up to 3 planters. Multiple artists will be selected. Final images must be a minimum of 100 dpi in size. Digital artists are welcome. Art will be displayed for up to three years.
Process and Timeline
The planning committee will review only completed applications (see application materials below) on August 19, 2020. A short list of semi-finalists may be created; further negotiations may take place by phone and/or email. The tentative schedule is as follows:
August 19 2020 Deadline for submission
August 20 2020 Review by the planning committee
August 30 2020 or sooner Notification to artists
October 2020 Installation
October 2023 Removal of vinyl wraps (tentative)
Artist Will Receive
• The artist will receive $250 per planter if selected by the Planning Committee. The DTCF Partnership will cover the costs of the materials, installation and repairs of the vinyl wrapping.
• Support from DTCF and the planning committee
• Marketing and promotion from DTCF
This art will be installed for up to 3 years. The vinyl wrap may be removed earlier if severely damaged, at the DTCF Partnership’s discretion.
Eligibility and Requirements
Eligible applicants for this project are those who work and/or reside in Ohio, with a preference given to those who work and/or reside in Cuyahoga Falls or in Summit County.
Artwork will be deemed inappropriate which portrays: content which violates copyright or other known legal ownership interest, profanity, obscenity, indecency, violence, pornography; discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or nationality; defamation or personal attacks.
Artwork must be bright, colorful, and visually appealing from a distance. Preference will be given to art which creates a sense of community and diversity that reflects the Downtown Cuyahoga Falls Partnership’s vision of a more connected, inclusive, and vibrant downtown.
The completed application must be received by 5:00pm on August 19, 2020 in order to be considered. The completed application should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions/concerns should be directed to email@example.com.
The completed application must include:
1. Cover Letter
3. Email Address
4. Mailing Address
5. Telephone Number
6. Website (If applicable)
7. Application Narrative The narrative cannot be longer than 500 words and must include an artist statement. If applicable, include details your experience with design and public art.
8. Work Samples You may submit a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 images of work samples. Artists do NOT need to send new designs specific to this project. Images must be formatted as JPEGS and less than 1MB each in size. All files should be titled with last name, first name, work sample, and a number indicating the viewing order.
Emailed application materials can be sent to Abby Poeske at firstname.lastname@example.org