We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
This winter, students grades 4 – 12 are eligible to enter a short play of their own creation into The 9th Annual Solon Center for the Arts Playwriting Competition. Students will be judged in two separate groups. Grades 4 – 6 are asked to submit a piece no more than 5 pages typed and grades 7 – 12 may submit works up to 10 pages typed. The winners will then be awarded the opportunity to have their plays performed on the SCA stage by Youth Theater Students, grades 2 – 8, on May 26 and 27, 2017.
Submit your original work:
· To Christine A. Madden at email@example.com.
· By Friday, January 20, 2017.
· Include your name, age, grade, email, phone number & address.
· A return email will be sent to confirm receipt of each submission.
· Winners will be announced on February 17, 2017.
There is no fee to enter!