Akron Soul Train (AST) is an artist residency program connecting and empowering the community and artists by granting fellowships that provide resources for all creative disciplines, thereby fostering a more vibrant downtown Akron. AST is looking for a highly organized individual for a part-time position in Arts Administration. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong interest in a career in the arts and have excellent communication skills.
Reports to: Operations Manager and Arts and Programming Coordinator
Position: Part-time Hours: 10-15 hours per week with possible room for growth
Education: BFA, BA, MFA, or MA in progress
● Some knowledge of arts trends, art history, and art theory
● Creative problem solving and critical thinking
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Interest in pursuing the Arts, Arts Education or Arts Administration as a career
● Must be able to master new software quickly Responsibilities:
● Maintains membership and donor database
● Assists with exhibition productions and openings
● Assists with documentation of exhibitions and events
● Covers gallery hours and assists visitors
● Performs a variety of administrative duties
Please email cover letter and resume to Christine Ries, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16, 2020.
191 South Main Street · First Floor · Akron ·OH · 44308