We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Akron Soul Train (AST) is an artist residency program connecting and empowering the community and artists by granting fellowships that provide resources for all creative disciplines, thereby fostering a more vibrant downtown Akron. AST is looking for a highly organized individual for a part-time position in Arts Administration. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong interest in a career in the arts and have excellent communication skills.
Reports to: Operations Manager and Arts and Programming Coordinator
Position: Part-time Hours: 10-15 hours per week with possible room for growth
Education: BFA, BA, MFA, or MA in progress
● Some knowledge of arts trends, art history, and art theory
● Creative problem solving and critical thinking
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Interest in pursuing the Arts, Arts Education or Arts Administration as a career
● Must be able to master new software quickly Responsibilities:
● Maintains membership and donor database
● Assists with exhibition productions and openings
● Assists with documentation of exhibitions and events
● Covers gallery hours and assists visitors
● Performs a variety of administrative duties
Please email cover letter and resume to Christine Ries, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16, 2020.
191 South Main Street · First Floor · Akron ·OH · 44308