We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
In keeping with our mission to strengthen the local artist-printmaker community and help printmakers gain recognition as artists, Rubber City Prints is now taking entries for our own gallery/studio space. Prints Exhibition Summer 2016 will be curated by Joe Karlovec, Exhibitions Manager at Summit Art Space.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Submissions Deadline: Sunday May 22, 2016
Acceptance Notification: Friday May 28, 2016
Accepted Prints Deadline: Sunday, June 12, 2016
Opening Reception: Friday, June 27th from 5-8pm.
On view: Summer, June 17, 2016 – August 27, 2016
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
– Prints must display an excellent use of printmaking processes and techniques.
– Selected prints will encompass artistic diversity in size, orientation and location throughout the United States.
– All prints must have been created within one year of our submission deadline on May 22nd, 2016.
– Only original fine art prints are eligible; reproductions of other artwork in the form of digital prints are not acceptable.
EMAIL THE ENTRY FORM! DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS:
1. Title the document file: LastFirst Name.doc, please submit a word doc. or send this information via Google Docs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please list the following: Full name, address, phone number, email, and website.
3. Each list entry must be numbered relating to the number on the digital images. The list must include: Entry number, artist’s name (first, last), title, process/technique used, edition size, dimensions in inches, and a brief description of your masterpiece. Also list price/NFS, plate size, paper size, and printer/publisher if available.
$15.00 for 2 print submissions
Additional submissions may be made at $10.00 per print.
*All RCP members receive two FREE submissions (a $15.00 value)! Become a printshop member here.
Online at www.rubbercityprints.com via Pay Pal
In person at our shop any Sunday in May 11am-5pm via Square Reader, cash, or check.
Make a check payable to Rubber City Prints and send to 140 E. Market St. Akron, OH 44308.
*All checks and forms of payment must be received by May 22, 2015.
Accepted prints deadline: Sunday June 12, 2016
If your work is accepted, mail prints to:
Rubber City Prints
First Floor, Summit Art Space
140 E. Market St.
Akron, OH 44308
Local artists may drop-off accepted works during our business hours. Thursday, Friday 12pm-7pm, Saturday, 12-5pm and Sunday, 11am-5pm.
Any questions please contact email@example.com.