Valley Art Center in Chagrin Falls presents our 2nd Annual Emerging Young Artists exhibition. We are excited to see the creativity and passion that the young artists of Northeast Ohio will bring to this exhibition. By supporting the next generation of artists, we hope to help foster the growth and development of the arts in our community. We encourage all eligible young artists to submit their work for this exciting opportunity.
Artists between the ages of 16 and 22 and living in Northeast Ohio (or within 50 miles) are invited to submit artwork for consideration to this annual exhibition. Each artist may submit 1 piece in any art medium. There is a $5 entry fee, though assistance is available by contacting email@example.com. The art will be juried into approximately 60 works by Julie Polsinelli, Assistant Director & Gallery Manager at the Valley Art Center and $200 in cash will be awarded for People’s Choice.
What you will need
• At least one digital image (JPEG) of the art piece. These must be good photographs of the actual, original artwork you want to enter to potentially exhibit. We recommend that 3D artists submit at least one photomosaic image for the submission featuring multiple views of each submitted piece in a single image.
• Please make sure you are settled on titles, medium descriptions, and prices. The way you identify yourself and your work in the submission form are what we utilize when we present your information on art labels and in program listings. Valley Art Center is not responsible for misspellings or incorrect information due to inaccurately entered information.
How to enter:
Please visit https://2ndemergingartists.artcall.org.
Entering artwork submissions on ArtCall
After logging in or creating a new account, you will Add a new submission. You will fill out the form with Category, Title, Dimensions (height, width, and depth), Sale price (all work entered must be for sale for this exhibit), and Medium for your artwork submission. You will then upload an Attachment that is the photo of your artwork.
• Call For Artists CFA opens on January 30, 2023
CFA deadline, March 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Notification of jury results; March 10, 2023 by 4 pm. Please do not call or email VAC for results.
• Artwork deliveryFriday drop off, March 17, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.
Saturday drop off, March 18, 10 a.m.– 2 p.m.
Shipping—please plan for shipped art to arrive by March 21, 2023, or earlier, and include a prepaid return shipping label inside your package.
• Event datesExhibition opens, March 31, 2023
Exhibition closes, May 10, 2023
• Artwork pick upReturn shipping, ASAP after the close of the exhibit
Thursday pick up, May 11, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.
Friday pick up, May 12, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.
Saturday pick up, May 13, 10 a.m.– 2 p.m.
Summit Artspace is interested in the many ways in which BIPOC+ artists impact our communities through their art. One artist will be selected to receive a $1,000 stipend to support the creation of a solo exhibition in Summit Artspace’s Horizon Gallery. Click here to apply.