We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Project Three Gallery’s vision is to bring experimental, inspiring fine art to the Kenmore Blvd. Our goal is to educate the public on the value of having local art and to bring a fresh, vibrant life to the street. We also want to support new and emerging artists with opportunities to experiment and test new ideas in a real work setting, like the gallery. Project Three Gallery also wants to form a atmosphere of creativity and community among artists.
For artists/teams to create new and experimental work inside the gallery
For the Kenmore neighborhood to experience watching artists create installations from beginning to end
For the Kenmore neighborhood to have the chance to talk and meet with the artists during open house/gallery hours
To support emerging artists in giving them a space to explore new materials and ideas in a community setting
For all artists/teams to be featured in our Behind the Brush Series to discuss their practices and artwork
Applications are due: June 15
First day of Residency: July 1
End of Residency: July 23
Show Runs: July 26 – Aug 3
Reception Party: July 26 5-8 pm
Artist Market: Aug 3 5-9pm *Kenmore’s First Friday’s Events
** More dates for community events, open hours, and artist talks/interviews to come**
The program cost is $300 per team. Teams can be 1-4 people. Three teams will be accepted. Payment plans are available.
*Current students and recent December 2018/ May 2019 graduates revive 30% off program fee
*Discount only occurs if all team members are current students or recent December 2018/ May 2019 grads.
Each team will receive:
• (1) 6ft table (you may bring more of your own)
• A professional interview to be tapped and published for our Behind the Brush Series (will premier on our 2020 PBS channel)
• 3 weeks of in gallery to build and create (a $450 value)
• 1 week show with an opening reception party! (a $150 value)
• Each accepted artist will be featured on our website and on our social media pages.
• Each team will meet with Kai in a 30 minute brainstorm creative session (in person or over skype) about your work and install before the residency.
• If you are accepted, by submitting your entry you give Project Three Gallery the right to publish your images for
publicity purposes for program promotion, website or as part of the art directory of selected artists (All credits to
artist will be included). We may ask select artists to provide high resolution jpegs suitable for publishing.
• Select artists may be highlighted on the Project Three Gallery website.
• Submission fee is $10. This fee covers the curator reading your application and storing it into our database for future use. Your work will be reviewed for shows for our 2019/2020 calendar. Link: https://www.paypal.me/wickstudio
• If you have various ideas, artists may submit more than one application. The $10 fee will be applied to each submission. *Fees are not refundable
• Proposals for solo/group shows outside of the Summer Studio’s Program will need to fill out a separate application (see Solo/Group Show App on our website).
• Artist must have their own insurance covering their work, if they so choose. Project Three Gallery is not liable for any damages or theft.
• Artists must provide all of their own tools, materials and installation devices. The gallery has two walls made of concrete and one of drywall. Walls will be chosen to teams at random.
GALLERY/OPEN HOUSE HOURS
• Due to Project Three Gallery being a start up neighborhood business, we ask our artists to volunteer to sit for one shift of gallery hours. Gallery hours are Wednesday 11-4pm, Thursday 5-8pm and Saturday and/or Sunday 11-4pm. These days and times can be flexible depending on when artists are available. There is free wifi available during this shift.
• Through the month of July, we ask for artists/teams to be available during our Kenmore events. Dates and times will be announced end of May. If artists would like to sell work while open hours are happening, the gallery will not take any commission on sales.
Project Three Gallery will NOT revive any commission on any work sold during the program running. Artists are responsible for packaging and shipping sold artwork. Project Three Gallery will not hold, ship, store, or package any artwork.