We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Call to Artists: Request for Proposals
North Side Outdoor Gallery
Deadline: Friday, April 6, 2017 at 4:00 pm EST
Testa Companies seeks artists interested in contributing work to the North Side Outdoor Gallery- a Knight Arts Challenge winner.
Artists will have the chance to market their creations to a wide variety of enthusiasts while using their art to activate and entertain those in the community.
North Side Outdoor Gallery will launch in May of 2017 and will consist of reproductions of art. All mediums accepted although some will be photographed in order to allow for representation in the outdoor gallery. The gallery will be installed along Furnace Street and Howard Street on the North Side and will be available for public viewing for 12 months.
Ten winners will be selected to have their art reproduced and installed in the gallery, at the end of the 12 months there will be an event auctioning the work. The artist has the option to auction of the original piece at their value, in turn they will receive 75% of the commission. If the artist chooses to auction the reproduced artwork they will receive 25% commission.
Winners will also receive:
· $300 Cash prize
· Invitation to VIP auction event where your art may be sold (75% to artist, 25% commission to go back into sustaining the program)
· Included in advertisement and editorial article in Akron Life Magazine
· Included in advertisements in the Marriott’s rooms, And Northside District Retailers
· Promotion through DAP and SummitLive365 websites
· Additionally, digital works of art will be selected to be displayed on a large outdoor digital screen. These works will be in full view of the public in the district and hotel guests from their rooms. Links to artists SummitLive365.com profile will be included.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
In order to submit your grant application, please go to judgify.me (https://www.judgify.me/NorthsideDistrictOutdoorGallery) to review details and submit. Photographs of the piece should be uploaded. While the work will not be selected on the quality of the photograph please note that the selection will be made based on the photographs submitted.
April 6, 2017 – Application due
Week of April 10, 2017 – Panel to review applications
May 6th – Opening Reception