Cuyahoga Community College is seeking 2 Part time Audio-Visual and Event Support Technicians. (Morning and Evening Shifts available)
Hourly rate $18.30 per hour
For More information and to apply: https://tri-c.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=458
Learning Commons Support Technician
Department: Media Services
Location: Eastern Campus
Reports To: Supervisor, Learning Commos
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req458
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT107-19
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Monday- 7:30am-1:30pm Thursday- 7:30am-2:30pm Friday-7:30am-2:30pm
Number of Openings: 1
Provide a high level support services on technical, audio‐visual, and library to students, faculty, staff and community patrons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with college‐wide user logon support and print management.
- Acts as the initial point of contact in the response and troubleshooting for hardware and software problems.
- Responds to faculty and staff needs for operational issues and provides assistance with operating equipment.
- Provides technical expertise for special events: planning, set up, troubleshooting, and teardown.
- Performs campus repairs, preventative maintenance and functionality testing of ATCs, computer labs, and all classroom equipment.
- Provides training workshops to students, faculty and staff on the varying technologies at the site.
- Provides reimaging and testing of the academic image for classrooms, labs, libraries and assessment centers.
- Participates in the efficient and accurate operation of the Learning Commons
- Distributes and delivers audio‐visual equipment and materials
- Maintains accurate and complete records of the Learning Commons
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs accurately, professionally, and with a commitment to customer satisfaction. Monitors patrons and provides routie information and directs callers/visitors toappropriate personnel and/or departments for assistance.
- Performs other related duties within the job grade and job classification as assigned.
- Associate’s degree
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience and desktop and media support experience
- Intermediate keyboarding, grammar, math, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated record of interacting professionally with internal and external customers in person, on‐line and over the telephone
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks/responsibilities and respectively prioritize work
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of A/V Experience with industry appropriate certification (Extron Certification)
- Three years of work experience in a community college/higher education environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook
Special Note: This is a part time SEIU 1199 bargaining unit, salary grade 7 position. Hourly rate $18.30 per hour. PT 1199 employees are given 1st consideration.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.