We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Cain Park Public Relations/ Marketing Coordinator
Cleveland Heights, OH
Seasonal Part Time
Primarily responsible for marketing events for the theater and park events.
Examples of Duties
* Responsible to assist with monitoring and helping to keep at a minimum the day-to-day chaos of an extremely hectic summer season.
* Responsible to answer customer questions and send out requested information.
* Responsible to help write press releases, public service announcements, radio spots and playbill copy.
* Responsible to assist with media relations, special events promotions, group sales, displays (internal and external), flyer/poster distribution, Theater production photo calls, artist relations, and other special PR or sponsorship opportunities that arise.
* Because of the nature of the business, the ability to be flexible and adapt to last minute schedule and assignment changes is essential.
* Must be familiar with word-processing programs such as Microsoft Word, and graphic design programs, such as PageMaker, for Mac computers.
* Responsible to be on-site for assigned events to greet media and assist with other tasks as specified by the PR Manager and/or General Manager.
* Responsible to represent Cain Park off-site when assigned to attend various trade shows and other selling opportunities that may arise.
* Responsible to attend any meetings as required by the Cain Park Public Relations Manager and/or Operations Manager.
* Responsible to work with other Cain Park and City employees for any additional Arts Festival or Park production needs.
* Maintain high safety levels at all times for Park patrons, volunteers and employees.
* Responsible to maintain a professional atmosphere among staff and volunteers.
* Responsible to report all problems to immediate supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
* At the end of the season, you will be required to submit a written final report summarizing the events of the season and suggestions for improvement.
* Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the PR Manager, Operations Manager, or General Manager.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Some college education preferred
* Previous experience in public relations or marketing for a theater/entertainment company a plus
* Ability to build and maintain relationships and work well with others as part of a team.
* Superior written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Videotaping and editing experience a plus
Apply here: CAIN PARK PR/MARKETING POSITION
City of Cleveland Heights
40 Severance Circle
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, 44118.