Cleveland Heights, OH
Seasonal Part Time
Under supervision of the Production Manager and/or General Manager, plans, organizes, and performs technical support activities for Cain Park.
Examples of Duties
- Help with the installation, focus, and maintenance of all lighting and sound equipment used for any Park event regardless of location. This includes the hanging and focusing of lights and other equipment for the Theater shows which Cain Park produces.
- Assist with the safe and correct installation of any additional equipment brought into the Park by scheduled artists or rental companies.
- Work all Park special events thru load-in, rehearsals, performance, and strike as scheduled.
- Help maintain all lighting and sound equipment, both in use and in storage; assisting with the creation and maintenance of starting, active, and closing inventories.
- Assist with the execution of all performance requirements including but not limited to: operating the light or sound board, running a follow spot, acting as deck electrician, or deckhand, and setting or striking any scenic elements used in an event or show.
- Work with the Production Managers, Master Electrician, Sound Technician, and/or the Artist’s Representative to meet the individual lighting and sound needs of each event.
- Help with the construction, installation, and maintenance of scaffolding and masking for the Evans Amphitheater set-up.
- Assist with the construction, installation, and operation of any lighting or sound needs for the Arts Festival, or other Arts Festival tasks as assigned.
- Work with the City electricians or carpenters for any additional Park or Events needs.
- Maintain high safety levels at all times.
- Assist with shutdown activities, including end-of-season inventory of materials and supplies on hand and the values of each.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Production Managers and/or the General Manager.
- Some college preferred
- Previous theatrical/event technical experience in lighting required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Carpentry skills a plus
Apply here: CAIN PARK STAGE TECHNICIAN POSITION
City of Cleveland Heights
40 Severance Circle
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, 44118.