Cleveland Public Theatre’s auditions for STEP are coming fast! As you know, Cleveland Public Theatre offers a job training program for Cleveland teens ages 14-19 over the summer called STEP (Student Theatre Enrichment Program.) The program is now in its 23rd summer! For 8 weeks over the summer, teens work with professional theatre artist-mentors in the following areas: acting, singing, dance, writing, performance creation, show touring and now set design and construction. Teens receive bus tickets, healthy snacks, paid stipend (or YOU<http://www.youthopportunities.org/> employment if registered) and will perform in city parks all over Cleveland.
I do need your help is spreading the word about the auditions coming up. Please find attached the STEP information sheet and see link here CPT STEP AUDITIONS <http://www.cptonline.org/education/student-theatre-enrichment-program/> .
Please let me know if I can fax, mail or bring you color copies.
Teens must call Education Manager, Adam Seeholzer, to RSVP for the audition (216.631.2727 x219).
Be sure to leave your name, phone number and date you wish to audition.
All auditions will take place at Cleveland Public Theatre (6415 Detroit Ave, Cleve 44102.)
* Sat, March 11th, 1-4pm
* Sun, March 18th, 1-4pm
* Sat, March 19th, 1-4pm
STEP is for TEENS:
* Ages 14-19
* Residing in all of Cleveland’s wards
* The majority with family income reported at low or very low
* Open to working with 25-50 peers of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
* With little or no previous performing experience
* Seeking new skills in self-expression, goal setting, timeliness, self-discipline and project follow-through
* Want to meet new people, be a part of a team, have fun and have a chance to shine