We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
GAMA Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Type: FULL-TIME, PAID
Duties and Responsibilities: Greater Akron Musical Association/Akron Symphony Orchestra’s (ASO) Marketing and Communications Manager develops and implements programs that help the orchestra achieve its attendance and ticket sales goals, while also promoting its image and visibility. As such, this position is responsible for season subscription and renewal campaigns, advertising and special promotions, direct mail, and merchandising. The position calls for marketing experience and familiarity with trends and strategies specific to the performing arts, direct sales and/or customer service, and an appreciation and enthusiasm for classical music. This position reports to the Executive Director and works very closely with the Board of Trustees and the Music Director.
• Set and maintain consistent brand image of the Akron Symphony Orchestra, Chorus, Gospel Choir, Guild, and Youth Symphony through the development, production, and distribution of all internal and external communications and promotional materials.
• Set and implement all individual and series concert/event advertising, including, but not limited to: newspaper, television, radio, billboard, web, and direct mail. Oversee production and placement of same.
• Schedule, write, publish, and distribute all GAMA-related news releases in timely manner to ensure maximum impact and effect. Develop and maintain relationships with key media outlets and contacts.
• Arrange for and facilitate Public Relations opportunities for GAMA artistic and administrative staff.
• Negotiate and administer Media Partnerships for all applicable concerts and events. Work with partners in developing mutually beneficial promotional opportunities.
• Write and publish dynamic content for Symphony website, including, but not limited to: audio podcasts (hosting and producing), videos, blog postings, etc.
• Maintain presence on key social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, InstantEncore, YouTube and others.
• Oversee development and secure receipt of all editorial content for Program Book to meet production schedules.
• Work with the Executive Director and members of the Board of Trustees to set season ticket renewal strategies and work with ticket office manager to monitor results with respect to sales goals and projections.
• Develop, schedule, and implement multi-media season ticket acquisition campaign, including display advertising, direct mail, telemarketing, and management of volunteer/guerilla efforts to ensure maximum results. Monitor sales in accordance to strategic objectives, sales goals, and projections.
• Working closely with the Music Director, oversee the creation, design, production, and distribution of annual season brochure in conjunction with an outside ageny.
• Develop, schedule, implement, and monitor multi-media sales campaigns for all GAMA-related concerts and events, including writing and distribution of media releases, all display, print, broadcast, electronic, and street/guerilla advertising.
• Work within and provide guidance/expertise to complex network of artistic and office staff, board of trustees, marketing committee, orchestra musicians (professional and youth), volunteer choristers, etc.
• Cultivate and curate photo and video archives
• Monitor the latest developments in marketing and social media tools, trends, and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge
• Provide clear, concise and accurate reports on all revenue data, including trends, demographics, projections, single and subscription sales and more.
An ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate artistic vision and goals into effective messaging;
• Experience with all areas of marketing and communications, including media buys, press releases, media relations;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to multi-task and execute plans effectively in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong understanding of current best practices in marketing and communications;
• Bachelor’s degree in, marketing, communications, public relations, arts administration, or a related field;
• Knowledge of orchestral and classical music helpful;
This is a full time employment position. Some evenings and weekend work is required. Compensation and benefits are competitive with similar sized organizations and commensurate with experience and qualifications. This job scope is not intended to imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual in this position. Other job-related duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
To Apply: Please email your resume, letter of interest and three references to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee will begin to interview well-qualified candidates on or about August 26, 2016. The Akron Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.