We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Saint Ignatius High School, a highly successful Jesuit college preparatory school for boys in Cleveland, Ohio, is seeking an experienced Operations Manager for our performing arts facility. The Operations Manager position will support the mission of Saint Ignatius High School by acting as the primary administrator of The Breen Center for the Performing Arts. This position will serve the needs of the students by prioritizing requests for spaces in the facility, maximize student use of the facility, and develop the facility as a school and Cleveland community resource. This position will also oversee the building’s operations and staff to be the “face” of The Breen Center to the school communities and the larger greater Cleveland community.
As a Catholic School in the Jesuit tradition, Saint Ignatius has been educating “Men for Others” for 130 years. The school is known locally, as well as nationally, as a leader in educational excellence. At graduation, students will be open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, loving, and committed to peace and justice.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Oversee the entire operations of the Breen Center in accordance with school policies.
• Manage event scheduling (working as needed in partnership with the Director of Facilities).
• Manage Breen Center staff, including direct reports (Technical Director, house staff) and contractors and part time staff who work there.
• Partner with the Director of Plant Services to coordinate routine and non routine cleaning, maintenance and repairs.
• Set/manage/evaluate the budget for the building operations.
• Create, update, and circulate policy on use of the Breen Center with the school community and external users.
• Function as a team member with the faculty members working in The Breen Center and the classes and school activities held there.
• Work with school individuals and organizations who wish to use the Breen Center for academic and extracurricular events. Strive to maximize the use of the facility for the campus and be the arbiter of appropriate use of the spaces.
• Maintain the relevant school web pages and calendars to inform school community and staff members of Breen Center events.
• Work with the departments of Plant Services, Security, Academics, Student Activities, Finance, Campus Dining and others for the best interests of all.
• Represent the school in use of the facility with outside groups. Market the facility to organizations who would benefit from the spaces within it. Be the arbiter of appropriate use of the spaces. Create and manage agreements with outside groups.
• Work with faculty Visual Arts teachers and local artists for displays in the gallery.
• Be the interface between the Breen Center and the rest of the campus.
Education, Training and/or Experience
· Demonstrated supervisory/management experience with a wide range of personnel, including service personnel, various trades, theater specialists, educators, and others.
· Knowledge of and experience in a professional facility environment with theatre/performing arts center experience preferred. · Knowledge of and experience with local professional fine arts groups, including both performing and visual arts areas. · Bachelor’s Degree
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
· Understanding of unique Jesuit identity and school mission. · Willingness to engage in personal educational and faith development. · Exceptional interpersonal, communication, listening and presentation skills. · Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities. · Ability to manage employees of varied skill sets and job descriptions. · Strong customer service orientation. · Flexibility and willingness to embrace growth and change. · Organizational and staff planning skills. · Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
· High degree of initiative and independent judgment. · High level of energy and a consistently positive attitude.
· Ability to set specialized budgets and meet goals for income and budgets.
The position offers a unique opportunity to the candidate who is willing to contribute significantly to sustaining a school where:
· The Catholic Faith is highly valued.
· People are believed in, honored and cared for.
· The natural talents and creative abilities of persons are recognized and celebrated.
· Individual contributions and accomplishments are appreciated.
· Everyone is treated fairly and justly.
· Sacrifice on behalf of the economically poor, the socially deprived, and the educationally disadvantaged is commonplace.
· Each person finds the challenge, encouragement and support needed to reach his fullest individual potential for excellence.
· We help one another and work together with enthusiasm and generosity, attempting to model concretely in word and action the ideals we uphold for our students and ourselves.
About Saint Ignatius High School:
Saint Ignatius High School is a Jesuit college-preparatory school with a Catholic tradition rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. The school enrolls more than 1,450 students from 40 cities in a seven-county region. These young men enrich one another through learning in the classroom, creating in the arts, competing on the athletic fields and serving those in need.
Academically, Saint Ignatius is a regional and state leader in National Merit finalists. To challenge students and prepare them for college, the Saint Ignatius curriculum offers 17 Advanced Placement (AP) and 21 honors subjects. In September 2009, the school was designated a Blue Ribbon school by the U.S. Department of Education.
A Saint Ignatius education prepares students to become competent, concerned and socially responsible members of their communities. With a motto of “Men for Others,” there is a prime concern for the development of Christian values among all students. Part of the Saint Ignatius student experience includes the promotion of faith in the service of justice.
Located in close proximity to downtown Cleveland in the historic Ohio City neighborhood, Saint Ignatius occupies 18.5 acres with 18 buildings and three athletic fields. The faculty includes 109 members, 87 percent of whom have spent 10 years or more teaching at Saint Ignatius.
Applicants with Disabilities
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Ignatius High School is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (as amended), applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Sandy Appeldorn at 216-6510222 for assistance.
Submit electronically a letter of interest and resume to: SIHSPosting50@ignatius.edu
Deadline: Friday, November 18, 2016 Candidates are encouraged to visit the Saint Ignatius website: www.ignatius.edu