We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Thrive Arts, opening Jan 2017, is seeking part-time instrument and voice teachers for beginning through advanced students. If you have a song in your heart, love watching a child’s eyes light up through music, enjoy working collaboratively, and are open to a flexible learning environment for your students, we want to meet you!
• A love of working with children and teens.
• Thirst for learning about developmentally appropriate instruction for students.
• Clear understanding of basic music theory applications as appropriate for individual students.
• Comfortable interacting with parents and children alike.
• Willing to make year-long teaching commitments.
• Comfortable using computer systems for office documentation, record keeping, social media, e-mail, etc.
• Comfortable with online learning and using web-based technologies.
• BA in Music, Bachelor of Music, or post-graduate degree is a plus.
• Mastery of pedagogy is a plus.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
You will have a consistent schedule each week, will write and know your lesson plans, and will follow up with student families to make sure you are meeting their needs. You will be guided and mentored in early childhood development and relationship building, if needed, to help you with your studio teaching experience.
Please send your current resumé with cover letter to TEAM@THRIVEARTS.CENTER