We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Weathervane Playhouse is currently seeking candidates for the position of Scenic Designer/Technical Director.
This is an exempt, full-time position with benefits.
• Creating and maintaining scenery build, paint and installation schedule
• Assisting volunteers with properties construction/acquisition
• Overseeing safety for shop/productions
• Overseeing volunteer designs or designing, if necessary, scenery.
• Attending production meetings and technical rehearsals
• Support with supervising and training volunteer crews, along with the Coordinator of Production Volunteers
• A B.A. and/or B.F.A. in Technical Theatre or related field and at least three years of experience.
• Scenery construction and engineering experience
• Shop-management experience
• Rigging expertise
• Effective organization, collaboration, and the ability to work with volunteers of varying skill levels is critical.
Current technical staff includes:
• One full-time Resident Costume Designer/Costume Shop Manager
• One part-time Carpenter/Scenery Painter
• One part-time Coordinator of Production Volunteers
• One part-time Master Electrician
• All other technical and design positions are filled by volunteers.
To apply, please submit cover letter, a resume, and contact information for three professional references. A portfolio is requested. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please e-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Director” in the subject line.