Weathervane Playhouse is currently seeking candidates for the position of Scenic Designer/Technical Director.
This is an exempt, full-time position with benefits.
• Creating and maintaining scenery build, paint and installation schedule
• Assisting volunteers with properties construction/acquisition
• Overseeing safety for shop/productions
• Overseeing volunteer designs or designing, if necessary, scenery.
• Attending production meetings and technical rehearsals
• Support with supervising and training volunteer crews, along with the Coordinator of Production Volunteers
• A B.A. and/or B.F.A. in Technical Theatre or related field and at least three years of experience.
• Scenery construction and engineering experience
• Shop-management experience
• Rigging expertise
• Effective organization, collaboration, and the ability to work with volunteers of varying skill levels is critical.
Current technical staff includes:
• One full-time Resident Costume Designer/Costume Shop Manager
• One part-time Carpenter/Scenery Painter
• One part-time Coordinator of Production Volunteers
• One part-time Master Electrician
• All other technical and design positions are filled by volunteers.
To apply, please submit cover letter, a resume, and contact information for three professional references. A portfolio is requested. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please e-mail applications to email@example.com with “Technical Director” in the subject line.