We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
High School Juniors & Seniors: present your work to be reviewed by faculty for a chance to earn scholarships at Myers School of Art!
What to Expect
• Each registered participant will be set up with access to UA’s online learning platform Brightspace after completing registration.
• Students will meet virtually with two art and design faculty members via Cisco Webex at the selected time on Saturday, November 14.
• Scholarship opportunities available for senior-level students based on the quality of the portfolio presented (all work must be uploaded prior to review day).
• Juniors can participate to learn more about the strengths of their work and identify areas for improvement.
• Learn more about our majors and minors in art through the Brightspace platform before and after the event.
What to prepare
• 5 to 10 pieces of original artwork to be uploaded to Brightspace (recommended formats: .jpg, .png, .pdf, .mov, .mp4). • Artwork may include any medium, two-dimensional, three-dimensional or digital.
• A copy of your transcript (official or unofficial).
• An overview of your interests, strengths and professional career ambitions.
To register: uakron.edu/portfolioday