Cleveland Classical Guitar Society (CCGS) is hiring an Office Coordinator who is a core part of the CCGS team. This position can be hybrid or full-time in the office. Hybrid would include a combination of in-person at our office in Midtown Cleveland and remote work, and assisting at events as needed.
About Cleveland Classical Guitar Society
Cleveland Classical Guitar Society (CCGS) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded on the belief that music can create positive social change. CCGS is dedicated to providing life-changing opportunities for students in the City of Cleveland through the Education Program, affording them an outlet to express themselves, think creatively, and realize their potential in music, school, and beyond. The International Series is one of the finest in the country, presenting the greatest guitarist from around the world. Guitarists in the greater community of all ages and abilities are encouraged through events such as open recitals, masterclasses, and guitar orchestras. CCGS has made a big impact on the field by commissioning 48 new works by underrepresented composers through the Creative Fusion and Composers in Residence programs. CCGS’s mission is:
TEACH, INSPIRE, CONNECT
TEACH – CCGS creates life-changing experiences for Cleveland’s kids. INSPIRE – CCGS presents the world’s greatest performers. CONNECT – CCGS provides meaningful connections between people.
The Office Coordinator will handle all administrative-related tasks for the organization.
● Google Drive organization and management.
● Donor database management.
● Grants calendar tracking and management.
● Contract creation and review, working with venues and musicians.
● Accounts payable/ receivable: Keeping track of receipts and remitting payments for office
expenses, invoicing schools, and making bank deposits.
● Help manage financial flow: download bank statements and monitor bank transactions.
● Office space management: manage inventory of office supplies.
● Printing and scanning.
● Data management for the Education Program, tracking participants, inventory of guitars and
● Preparation of Education Program materials.
● Other duties as assigned.
● 3+ years of administrative experience organizing and supporting an office
● Tech savvy, with excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
● Must be able to work independently; and manage and improve office operations/systems.
● Experience and proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets as well as databases.
● A passion for CCGS’s mission.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands: General office and music education environment, must be able to utilize phone, computer and screen, and other office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear and occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Must be able to travel locally to sites and programs.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The salary range is $34,500 to $43,000 based on work experience, with health insurance available and paid time off benefits.
To apply for the position, please email Erik Mann, Executive Director, at email@example.com. The subject line should read “Office Coordinator”. Your email should include a resume and cover letter.
Summit Artspace is interested in the many ways in which BIPOC+ artists impact our communities through their art. One artist will be selected to receive a $1,000 stipend to support the creation of a solo exhibition in Summit Artspace’s Horizon Gallery. Click here to apply.