Park Engagement Specialist April 14, 2023
The Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park is the official friends group and philanthropic partner for Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP). With a mission to enrich people’s lives and enhance our region by inspiring use, preservation and support of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Conservancy offers cultural and educational programming, co-manages the park’s volunteer program, provides venues for weddings, meetings and special events, and operates park retail spaces.
Grow your career in events and community outreach as a Park Engagement Specialist at the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park! If you are passionate, personable, and enthusiastic, we’d love you to join our Park Experiences team. You will assist our Events Managers and other departments in educating and welcoming groups to the unique spaces and opportunities the Conservancy and National Park have to offer.
We are committed to equity and justice in our organizational practices. We embrace diversity and practice inclusion internally and externally, assuring that all people are welcome in the park, in employment, in volunteerism and in Conservancy programs. We strive to provide a welcoming, collaborative, fun, and meaningful work environment and are committed to the health and well-being of our employees.
What You’ll Do:
Position Description, Essential Duties (other duties as assigned):
- Work interdepartmentally to assist with and/or act as point person for Conservancy special events, programs, and community outreach events, as scheduled.
- Provide excellent customer service to our Extraordinary Spaces guest groups.
- Under the direction of the Event Managers and Community Engagement Manager, become fluent in clear talking points for events and maintain outreach materials appropriate for various audiences.
- Work alongside Conservancy’s Park Promoter volunteers and provide direction and information as needed and as assigned.
- Transport Conservancy equipment and supplies required for event execution, as assigned.
- Provide sales support for Extraordinary Spaces as assigned, by providing facility tours to potential clients.
- Position location will vary to include shifts at Happy Days Lodge, Hines Hill Campus, and other locations as assigned.
- Employee must satisfactorily perform the essential duties/functions as outlined in the position’s job description.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Candidate must have proven customer service experience (event and/or community outreach experience preferred) and success in interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to write clearly and coherently in correspondence and effectively communicate over the phone.
- The candidate will be able to use a reservations program, Microsoft Word, and Excel effectively.
- This position requires the employee to travel frequently between sites in Cuyahoga Valley National Park and to locations outside the park, as assigned.
- The position requires the employee to be on feet for long periods of time, walk and carry items up and down stairs and have the ability to stretch and lift 50 pounds.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Employee must have a valid Driver’s License, evidence of insurability, and meet our driving record policy due to use of a Conservancy and/or government vehicles, and/or reimbursement of mileage.
- All employees of the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park are required to submit to a background check and/or fingerprint check prior to employment. Background checks may be subject to repeat every five (5) years. Employees of who will be working around children must be fingerprinted for criminal record check for the state of Ohio and FBI fingerprint checks. The Ohio BCI and FBI fingerprint checks are repeated every five (5) years. All employees working with children must also sign an Annual Voluntary Disclosure Statement and will be checked against the National Sex Offender Database website on an annual basis.
- Every Conservancy employee must understand and value racial equity as an organizational operating principle and be committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Part-time, non-exempt, $13.00 hourly rate. There are no benefits associated with this position.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line reading Park Engagement Specialist. Posting closes when position is filled.
The Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military obligations, or veteran status.