Proposals must be received by Wednesday, August 24th, 5 p.m. EST by the Downtown Akron Partnership via
email to Info@downtownakron.com SUBJECT: DOWNTOWN WINDOW RFP
If you need to submit your proposal via walk in or mail submission, please contact Sonia Potter at 330-374-
7676 to discuss.
Questions concerning the scope of the project should be directed to Sonia Potter at (330) 374- 7676.
Downtown Akron Partnership (DAP) in cooperation with downtown artists and businesses, with support from
Knight and GAR Foundations, is seeking local artists to enhance downtown through creative placemaking and
art. The intent of the project is to allow downtown’s boarded windows to convey hope, healing, and welcome
as a place for all people to the community through the talent of local artists.
• A selection committee of DAP and downtown stakeholders will choose artists for the project who will
be notified and offered a contract by August 26th.
• Upon contract, final art will be due to DAP by midnight on August 31, 2022. We recognize that this is a
fast turnaround time and ask that only Artists prepared to meet this timeline respond to the request.
• Artists may submit relevant, existing work, or create new work, but must be prepared to submit the
work on or before the production deadline.
• By contract, Artist will permit the work to be digitized, scaled, and printed to the necessary dimensions
with the greatest degree of respect to the integrity of the original work possible.
• By contract, Artist will also grant permission for the work to be displayed downtown, at various
occasions and locations, again with the greatest degree of respect provided to the Artist and artwork.
• Artist will be notified of location and installation timeline of artwork, and invited to a kick off social
event hosted downtown. Location of installation will be curated by selection committee.
• Artists selected for installation will be compensated beginning at $500.00 as a contractor of DAP, and
must be willing to complete a contract and W9. The selection committee will consider requests for
additional funding for materials and/or time to execute unique projects. These submissions will be
considered for approval at the discretion of the committee.
• We are interested in a variety of media and techniques.
• Consider images that are welcoming and legal. Designs that include logos, copyrighted or trademarked
images, advertisements, or explicit political, commercial, religious, or sexual symbols, themes or
messages will not be considered. Designs should be appropriate for a diverse, broad-based audience of
• Original artwork remains the property of the artist, the digitized enlargement will become property of
Downtown Akron Partnership.
• The artist must be at least 18 years old for a standard contract. Artists under 18 may submit interest
with a parent/guardian cc’d and we will contact you with a follow up meeting.
• To prioritize the voice of our own community, submissions will be accepted from Akron artists who live
or work in the city of Akron.
• Submit an email response to this RFP by Wednesday, August 24th, 5 p.m. EST to:
o Info@downtownakron.com SUBJECT: DOWNTOWN WINDOW RFP
• In the body of your email, list the following information:
o Artist Name
o Artist Home Address
o Artist Work Address (if not living in the city of Akron)
o Artist Contact Phone Number
o Artist Contact Email
o A sentence or two about why this project moves you and what you hope to accomplish
• Attach 5 samples (JPEG or PDF formats, please) of your work that reflect your style and tone. This is not
your final work; it only allows us to select artists and curate a vision for the spaces available.