Please Note: This event has expired.
Celebrate 100 Years of Birds
Celebrate 100 years of bird conservation!
Join the Ohio Division of Wildlife, bird experts, wildlife rehabilitators and naturalists to celebrate 100 years of bird conservation.
Crafts, activities and presentations will make this day one to remember!
Schedule of activities:
- 12 – 3 p.m. / Children’s Area / Craft
- 12:30 – 3 p.m. / Seneca Deck / Lake Metro Parks and Penitentiary Glen
- 12 – 12:45 p.m. / Wildlife Viewing Area / Chris Stanahan from Wild Birds Unlimited
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. / Auditorium / Chuck Jakubchak
- 3 p.m. / Auditorium / Bluebird nesting box workshop (first-come, first-served)
From Meghan Doran, assistant education and recreation manager:
“Believe it or not, it has been 100 years since the laws to protect migratory birds went into effect. There are dozens of migrants that use Summit Metro Parks as stopovers during spring and fall, breeding grounds in summer, and as over-wintering sites. The diversity of birds is so great that Liberty Park in Twinsburg and Deep Lock Quarry Metro Park in Peninsula were designated
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
Additional time info:
Visitors may stop by any time between noon and 4 p.m. See event description for a more detailed schedule.
1828 Smith Rd., Akron, OH 44313
Parking located at Nature Realm entrance: 1828 Smith Rd., Akron 44313