Library service to the Kenmore area began with a lending library started by a local citizen. The Akron Public Library took over the service in 1930. The current building opened on January 4, 1957. It had a larger, and more expensive collection than any branch library previously opened.
The books alone cost $9,949.64. Current library statistics show that Kenmore Branch has 15,795 registered borrowers, circulated 193,703 items in 2010 and has a current collection of 64,744 items.
We are open 6
Jan 12, 2021