In 1932, the Library established the Fairlawn Sub-Branch, our first location, in the quaint little old schoolhouse on West Market & White Pond. Built in 1870, it was formerly known as the Ayers Settlement School. Small in size, with a collection of about 6,000 books, the Library still served a very active community with varied book discussions and, later, film nights until it was replaced by the Ayres Branch Library in 1958.
In 1953, Dr. F. F. Ayres left most of his estate including his home
Apr 8, 2019