Green’s newest park — Central Park — is NOW OPEN. The nearly 8.5-acre park is located adjacent to the Green Intermediate School and Central Administration Building.
- Total Acres: 8.11
- Total Construction Cost: $5.3 million
- Completion Date: July 9, 2016
- Location: 1795 Steese Road. On Steese Road, nestled between the Central Administration Building, Green Intermediate School and the Retirement Residence of Green.
- Purpose: Central Park was designed in the heart of Green to create a hub or gathering place reminiscent of communities with historic downtowns.
- One-mile asphalt walking trail
- Community Hall: 5,700 S.F.
- Restroom and concession building: 1,110 S.F.
- Amphitheater with occupancy for 500 (350 concrete seating/150 lawn area)
- Splash Pad area to accommodate up to 100 kids
- Splash Pad hours are 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily, weather permitting
- Playground for all ages
- Farmers’ Market Plaza: 4,800 S.F. (Upper) / 3,925 S.F. (Lower)
- Seasonal ice skating rink (2,375 S.F.) to accommodate up to 47 people
- Three ponds (total of 2.07 acres