Ashtabula native Leroy Flint was the director of the Akron Art Institute from 1950 to 1965 and also taught at Kent State University and the Cleveland Museum of Art. He focused on subject matter found in nature such as mountains, canyons, sunrise and sunset, and birds. The idea for this work came when Flint was driving across the old viaduct on North Main Street and noticed a flock of pigeons flying by. The mobile is made of aluminum and each shape was bent and welded. Each wing weighs ½ lb.
60 S High Street, Akron, OH, 44326