A gift of 89 acres from the Firestone Tire and Rubber Company in 1949 began acquisitions of nearby land parcels that expanded the park to 258 acres along the floodplain of the Tuscarawas River. Dairy cows once grazed the hillsides, and coal was transported on a railroad bed along the Tuscarawas Race that channeled water to the Ohio & Erie Canal. In 1956, a dam was constructed to create a reservoir for industrial water.
Large wetlands and marshy meadows provide critical habitat for fish,
2620 Harrington Rd, Akron, OH 44319
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Daily: 6:00 am – 11:00 pm
Aug 12, 2017
Jul 28 - Jul 29, 2017