Testa Companies seeks artists interested in contributing work to the North Side Outdoor Gallery- a Knight Arts Challenge winner. Pieces can be any visual medium and will be photographed and a replica installed in the outdoor gallery.
North Side Outdoor Gallery launched in May of 2017 and consisted of large-scale reproductions of art. All mediums accepted although some will be photographed in order to allow for representation in the outdoor gallery. The gallery will be installed along Furnace Street and Howard Street on the North Side and will be available for public viewing for 12 to 18 months after installation.
Ten artists will be selected to have their art reproduced and installed in the gallery, at the end of contracted installation there will be an event auctioning the replication and the original piece, should it still be available for sale. The artist has the option to auction of the original piece at their value, in turn they will receive 75% of the commission with 25% going toward future installations in the outdoor gallery. The artist will auction the reproduced artwork will receive 25% commission.
Artists will also receive:
· $300 Commission
· Business/name of artist included in all advertisements and in an editorial article in Akron Life Magazine
· Business/name of artist in advertisements in the Marriott’s rooms and Northside District Retailers
· 75% commission of original piece during the life of the installation should that be managed by Testa Companies.
Artists commit to:
· Attend VIP auction event
· Sale of the reproduced artwork at the end of the installation. Artist to receive 25% of final sale.
· Photography of the outdoor gallery will be displayed in the Northside Marriott
The completed application must include:
2. Email Address
3. Mailing Address
4. Telephone Number
5. Website (If applicable)
You may submit a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 images.
All files should be titled with last name, first name, work sample, and a number indicating the viewing order.
Work Sample Description List
Work sample descriptions should include title of the piece and any relevant details.
Submissions should be completed through Judgify: https://www.judgify.me/nsgallery2
November 8st, 2019 Submissions Due
November 11th, 2019 Artists Notified
November 15, 2019 Installation of Replicated Piece Completed (This will be handled by Testa Companies)