We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Ensemble Theatre Accepting Submissions and Readers for
2018 Colombi New Plays Festival
Ensemble Theatre will be accepting submissions for NEW PLAYS and for ACTORS who would like to participate as a reader during our Annual Colombi New Plays Festival in March, 2018.
The 2018 Festival is slotted between Tony Kushner’s seminal Angles in America, Part One (January 5 – 28) and Angels in America, Part Two (April 27 – May 20).
Tom Frattare’s new play Mama / Moon will be produced in our Ensemble Mainstage as part of our 8th Annual New Plays Festival.
Our themes for our upcoming Colombi New Plays Festival will be coming directly from Angels in America.
PLAY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
· We will be doing readings of both ten-minute plays and one-act plays. Plays must be between 5 – 10 minutes long to be considered a ten-minute play, and 10-45 minutes long to be considered a one-act.
· These are readings, so plays focusing more on dialogue will have a better chance of selection, rather than plays that depend on physicality, design, or other elements missed during staged readings.
· Keep your characters to a minimum.
· Ditto locales.
· Plays must not have been produced elsewhere.
· You will be responsible for casting and directing the reading. Ensemble can certainly help steer actors your way, but it will ultimately be the responsibility of the playwright.
· Your submission grants Ensemble Theatre the right to produce a reading of your play in our annual Colombi New Plays Festival and/or videotape it for archival purposes if it is chosen for the Fest.
· Submission also allows Ensemble Theatre to livestream the reading to an online audience.
What We’re Looking For:
· Plays that speak to the themes put forth from Angles in America including: healthcare, mental health, illness, spirituality, race, sexual identity, politics, and love.
· Plays that speak to our community.
· Plays offering unique voices in theater, portraying new and exciting perspectives on the above themes.
Plays read during the Festival will be read at Ensemble Theatre in Cleveland Heights as well as locations throughout Cleveland and surrounding areas throughout the month of March, 2018.
Plays produced during the Festival come out of our weekly StageWrights workshop and previous Festival submissions.
DEADLINE for Submissions: January 7, 2017 at 11:59pm
TO SUBMIT: Please email your scripts with the subject heading, “2018 Colombi,” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected plays/playwrights will be notified by January 15, 2018.
If you’re a Cleveland-area actor and would like to be a reader for the 2018 New Plays Festival, please email your contact information and availability throughout February & March (ie: are there days you’re out of town and completely unavailable?) and we will get back to you.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com