We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Summit Artspace, a growing, dynamic community art center in downtown Akron with two galleries and innovative spaces to display the work of local artists, is seeking an enthusiastic individual to work as a gallery assistant intern.
GALLERY ASSISTANT INTERN
Summit Artspace is a community art center serving the Greater Akron Area. We have multiple galleries, studios, offices, and performance spaces for local arts organizations.
The Gallery Assistant will work with the Exhibitions Manager to install art exhibitions, learn about curating and reparing art exhibitions, and will have the opportunity to network with creative professionals in the region.
• Prepare gallery space for upcoming exhibitions
• Assist with installation and de-installation of galleries
• Create labels and price lists for exhibitions
• Assist with artist drop off and pick up
• Serve as gallery sitter as needed
• Open and close gallery as needed
• Must be a college student studying art, art history, or arts management
• Must have a basic knowledge of modern & contemporary art
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe InDesign (preferred)
• Basic construction skills
• Flexible hours (we can work around your academic schedule)
• Must be available some evenings and weekends when exhibits are open
This is an unpaid internship
Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org