We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Job Summary: Board Operator/Studio Producer: Provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
• Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Nexgen or similar automation system
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• None required
Regular – Part-Time.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Send Materials to:
7755 Freedom Ave
North Canton, Ohio 44720
Posted March 14, 2016