JOB TITLE: Recess Coach, CPH Wraparound School
REPORTS TO: CPH Wraparound Site Coordinator
Cleveland Play House seeks passionate, fun, and energetic individuals to serve as Recess Coaches who have the desire and eagerness to work with youth in an academic school setting. Recess Coaches will support faculty and staff at three CMSD Wraparound schools, for which CPH serves as the Lead Agency. Recess Coaches will work closely with and under the supervision of the CPH Wraparound Site Coordinator and will be responsible for organizing active play for school-aged children in grades K through 8. A top priority will be facilitating a safe and supportive environment for students during their daily recess period.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
· Attending ongoing training on age-appropriate games and activities, first aid, as well as school policies and procedures.
· Directing movement of students to and from playground, gym, lunch room and to their teachers in a safe and organized manner.
· Lead and facilitate activities for up to 75 students in various spaces on campus (most notably cafeterias, playgrounds and gymnasiums).
· Distribute and manage recess equipment and materials.
· Work in collaboration with school staff and faculty to aide in the safety of students, and administer basic first aid, when necessary.
· Be punctual for all shifts and attend periodic information or debrief meetings with Site Coordinator, Recess Coaches and Lunch Aides
· High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and at least one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to commit to contracted position from the date of hire through May 2017.
· Must be reliable and be available during daytime hours. Exact work hours to be determined based on assigned school, but would be daily (Monday through Friday) from 11:30am to 2:30pm.
· Experience working with children ages 4 through 15 in an academic school and/or community youth center setting. Previous experience working in sports, recreational or arts fields is a plus.
· Must have a professional attitude with excellent work ethic.
· Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population in a vibrant community. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
· A demonstrated ability to teach, coordinate, and motivate students and be willing to be proactive with solving conflict, maintaining confidentiality, listening without interrupting and contribute to the positive behavior incentive systems implemented in the schools.
· Ability to be a team player – able to adapt and meet changing needs of job demands.
· Ability to accept constructive feedback.
· Ability to take initiative to analyze and problem solve effectively.
· Complies with applicable school district, state, local and federal laws, rules, and regulations in regards to representing CPH, the school, and CMSD in interactions with parents, community, staff and students.
· Must complete and pass state and Federal criminal background check
COMPENSATION: $10-15/hour, dependent on experience level
START DATE: immediately
PERKS: Complimentary tickets to Cleveland Play House productions
To apply, qualified applicants for this position should upload a cover letter and resume via this site: http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com/jobs/openings/recess-coach-at-cph-wraparound-schools or send an email, referencing the job title in the subject line and including those items as attachments, to email@example.com. Please submit by February 16, 2017.
Cleveland Play House is committed to recruiting and fostering a diverse community of staff.