We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
The Mandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland seeks applicants for its part-time Assistant Director of Playmakers Youth Theatre Program position. As part of the leadership team of the Mandel JCC, this position assists with the development and implementation of programming in order to expand and further advance the Playmakers program.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Promotes the Jewish mission and purpose of the Mandel JCC through programming.
• Assists with the creation of the calendar of events for all Playmakers programming.
• Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of theatre productions for year round and summer camp programs.
• Implements an array of Performing Arts classes for all ages, including hiring instructors and coordinating class schedule.
• Teaches a minimum of one class per session in field of expertise.
• Directs at least one theatre production and one summer camp productions each year.
• Assists with the supervision and coordination of operation and maintenance of the theatre’s physical space, including set-up and tear-down before and after each performance.
• Works with the Day Camp department throughout the year on all aspects of camp preparation: brochure, registration, staffing, transportation, recruitment/retention, etc.
• Hires, supervises, and evaluates artistic, technical, administrative, and summer camp staff.
• Assists with the creation of staff training curriculum for camp staff.
• In conjunction with department Director, works with camp supervisors to create and implement camp programming.
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field as well as one to three years of experience in and/or directing large scale musical and non-musical productions. Proven experience working with children of all ages in a camp, school, or theatre setting is also required. Applicants will have working knowledge of financial management procedures, short and long term planning methods, and program development experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is December 16, 2016.