We are aware that COVID-19 is affecting the scheduling of events and other gatherings throughout our community. As we all work together to respond to this crisis, we understand that many events on this site may not yet be updated with the most current closure information. We encourage you to check with event organizers and venues regarding the status of any event you are looking to attend. Thank you.
Job Description: Bookshop Associate
This position is for a part-time role open with Elizabeth’s Bookshop & Writing Centre. Elizabeth’s Bookshop is a Black woman-owned bookstore created by Rachel Cargle, an Akron-native, activist, writer, and philanthropic innovator. The store highlights, promotes, and honors the work of writers of color and LGBTQ+ authors who are often excluded from traditional cultural, social and academic conversations. With a regularly rotating catalog of titles, our pop-up shelves exist
inside Compass Coffee – a part of The Well CDC – located at 647 E Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
The Bookshop Associate role will support the operations of Elizabeth’s Bookshop & Writing Centre while providing exceptional customer service. The Bookshop Associate will report directly to the Bookshop Floor Manager and the Bookshop Director. An attentive, self-directed, friendly and efficient work style will be required as this role navigates both customer service and retail management. QTBIPOC applicants are encouraged to apply. To apply/for questions send resume: email@example.com.
● Greet customers, answer questions about the Loveland Group including those about Rachel Cargle, The Loveland Foundation, and The Great Unlearn, and assist with the purchase of merchandise. ● Shelve, arrange, clean, and organize product or space within the store to maintain an appealing sales floor. ● Assist with processing sales transactions, inventory management, and sales analytics.
● Collaborate with Compass Coffee staff to help maintain a highly satisfactory customer experience. ● Availability to work on a weekly basis including weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts.
● Strong attention to detail and highly organized
● Ability to self-direct in duties and accountability
● Meaningful connections and attention to the literary world. Have an understanding of contemporary writers. ● Committed to center the mission of Elizabeth’s Bookshop & Writing Centre, highlighting and offering writers/publications.
● High school diploma/equivalent
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Part-Time
Work Location: 647 E Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
Hours Per Week: 6-18
Schedule: Elizabeth’s currently operates Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm & Saturday 8:00am-2:00pm Company’s Website: www.rachelcargle.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elizabethsofakron/?hl=en