Job Description: Bookshop Associate
This position is for a part-time role open with Elizabeth’s Bookshop & Writing Centre. Elizabeth’s Bookshop is a Black woman-owned bookstore created by Rachel Cargle, an Akron-native, activist, writer, and philanthropic innovator. The store highlights, promotes, and honors the work of writers of color and LGBTQ+ authors who are often excluded from traditional cultural, social and academic conversations. With a regularly rotating catalog of titles, our pop-up shelves exist
inside Compass Coffee – a part of The Well CDC – located at 647 E Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
The Bookshop Associate role will support the operations of Elizabeth’s Bookshop & Writing Centre while providing exceptional customer service. The Bookshop Associate will report directly to the Bookshop Floor Manager and the Bookshop Director. An attentive, self-directed, friendly and efficient work style will be required as this role navigates both customer service and retail management. QTBIPOC applicants are encouraged to apply. To apply/for questions send resume: email@example.com.
● Greet customers, answer questions about the Loveland Group including those about Rachel Cargle, The Loveland Foundation, and The Great Unlearn, and assist with the purchase of merchandise. ● Shelve, arrange, clean, and organize product or space within the store to maintain an appealing sales floor. ● Assist with processing sales transactions, inventory management, and sales analytics.
● Collaborate with Compass Coffee staff to help maintain a highly satisfactory customer experience. ● Availability to work on a weekly basis including weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts.
● Strong attention to detail and highly organized
● Ability to self-direct in duties and accountability
● Meaningful connections and attention to the literary world. Have an understanding of contemporary writers. ● Committed to center the mission of Elizabeth’s Bookshop & Writing Centre, highlighting and offering writers/publications.
● High school diploma/equivalent
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Part-Time
Work Location: 647 E Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
Hours Per Week: 6-18
Schedule: Elizabeth’s currently operates Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm & Saturday 8:00am-2:00pm Company’s Website: www.rachelcargle.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elizabethsofakron/?hl=en